Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Kobo Vox Verses The Kindle Fire

, which is going to compete head-to-head with the new Kindle Fire come the holiday system. It is, like the Fire, as much a tablet as it is an ebook reader, and is also based on Android. However, there are some major differences -

Platforms
The Kindle Fire does not have access to the full Android Market. However, it does have access to all the Amazon Marketplace and all of the Amazon content, including the video on demand service and mp3 system (which has effectively replaced iTunes for me. I can’t tell you the last time I bought any music on iTunes. I buy everything on my cell phone through Amazon mp3).

So, if you really want the access to the full market, the Kindle Fire might not be your choice. However, I will say this – there are so many apps on the Amazon Marketplace, you won’t be missing much. Many of the popular apps are on both, and for me, having access to all the other Amazon stuff will make it worth it for me. If you want all the Amazon Marketplace apps like I do, go with the Kindle Fire instead...

View the Original article

No comments:

Post a Comment